Love Conquers All Games
Based in Toronto, ON
PC / Mac
Everyone knows the story of how the great hero of legend Agi of Roses fought the Machine Devil and used the Sword of Fate to seal him away for a thousand years. Now, hateful Machine Devil cultist edgelords are spreading terror in order to summon him again, and the Divine Order that rules over our world claims that fighting them before it's too late would be "just as bad as them." That's bullshit, and that's why three young attendees of the local Academy of Order and one renegade angel from the Divine Order are heading off on a road trip to take the fight to the Machine Devil and his cultists. Will you succeed in your mission to save the world for another thousand years and hit every diner along the road on the way, or will you just be a useless gay disaster?
After making three commercially successful visual novels, we've decided to move on and experiment with new genres and new storytelling techniques—it would be too easy to fall into a rut, and a rut, after all, is nothing but a shallow grave. Still lead by Christine, the writer and narrative designer of Analogue, Hate Plus, and Ladykiller in a Bind, she's joined creatively by Isaac Robin, the creator of the colourful queer modern fantasy Witch Trade comic series.
- Active time battle system inspired by classic and modern JRPGs—fight strategically and take advantage of each party member's complementary abilities in order to keep momentum on your side and make it through the gauntlet of fights the road throws at you.
- Equipment-based character progression system: each item offers different abilities based off what character you give it to, and can be rearranged on the fly at any time between fights to create completely different party builds.
- Genre-defying pop soundtrack by Christa Lee, because how can you say it's battle music if it doesn't even bang?
- Visual novel inspired dialogue system allows for optimal "shoving your foot in your mouth while shooting the shit in the backseat" experience.
- No sidequests, no maps, no codex entries. Who's got time for that when the world is in peril?!
- Girls. Just... girls... you know...??? They're great
- The Disaster Lesbian Representation We Need In 2018
There are currently no trailers available for Get in the Car, Loser!. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
About Love Conquers All Games
Christine Love writes narrative games with too many words in them about women and queerness and technology. Please, let’s work hard together to make the world a cuter place!
More information on Love Conquers All Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Get in the Car, Loser! Credits
Writing, design, programming